Book Review: Graduates in Wonderland by Jessica Pan and Rachel Kapelke-Dale



Graduation marks a very pivotal moment in ones life. You have finally made it through four (or in my case five) years of post-secondary education and now you are either one of the lucky ones who have a perfect plan that is going to carry through or you are like the rest of us and have yet to make up your mind on exactly what you want to do with your degree.



And so with that you decide to work for a while, maybe save up for graduate school, start taking the LSAT's, travel, or just well do nothing. All of those are acceptable options, well maybe not the last. Jessica and Rachel we in the same situation. It felt all to familiar when reading this book as at the start they are 23, the same age I am now and recent graduates, which I am also. The feelings and questions they debated really struck a cord and I felt as though I could relate to them.

After graduation they are faced with crappy jobs, not so great guys and plane tickets taking them to new adventures. All this while still answering the famous (or infamous) post-grad questions: Am I doing this whole adult thing right? What do I want to do with my life and is this the right decision?

I really loved reading their email exchanges back and forth, covering about three years of their life. They reminded me of my own friends and many times I found myself thinking that my friends and I would react like this or write the same way.

I loved this book and I recommend it to everyone, especially those of you who are recent graduates and can find some comfort in knowing that you are not the only one who has not figured it out yet.

Happy Reading!


Labels: , ,